Today my guest on the Hometown to Hollywood podcast is Victoria Moroles. Victoria is best known for her work on Teen Wolf, Liv and Maddie, Cloud Nine, and Is That a Gun in Your Pocket? She just wrapped filming Down a Dark Hall, which will be out later this year.
Victoria started her professional journey at the age of 12 when she and her mother began coming to Los Angeles from her native Rockport, Texas to give her a chance to audition for film and TV. We discuss her inspiration, audition advice, her Disney Channel casting experience, her experience with the CHSPE and becoming a Legal 18, the importance of perseverance, and much more. Victoria’s authenticity is inspiring.
Some of my favorite quotes:
- “Auditioning is a job itself.”
- “Create a life outside of your job.”
- “Keep your mind, body and soul happy.”
- “As an actor, it’s our job to story tell. But how can you do that, if the only life you’ve had is as an actor?”
- “Have fun… always stay focused on that passionate feeling.”
- “Patience. I can’t stress enough how much you need that.”
- “Be patient. Persevere. Be strong. And have fun.”
- “If one day you’re not having fun… don’t do it anymore.”
Follow Victoria HERE:
No one can promise success in this business, but you can certainly raise your odds while saving a lot of time and money. If you’re ready to get some coaching on how to break into acting for film or TV, or are already down the road but stuck, book a consultation with me on my consultation page. For not much more than the price of an hour with an acting coach, you can get peace of mind, and a detailed action plan.