Photo by Robert Bellospirito.
Today my guest on this podcast is actress, singer, and writer Cozi Zuehlsdorff. Cozi is best known for her work on Dolphin Tale and Dolphin Tale 2, Freaky Friday, Pure Country Pure Heart, Mighty Med, and Sophia the First.
Cozi has some exceptionally thoughtful advice for anyone who wants to be in this industry, and a wisdom that is beyond her 21 years.
Some of my favorite quotes from our conversation:
- “Do things that scare you. If you’re afraid to dive, just dive afraid.”
- “Imagine driving 2 ½ hours each way for a 3 minute audition.”
- “I put together specific playlists of what the character would listen to.”
- “There’s such a thing as over-rehearsing.”
- “True humility is enjoying someone else’s gifts as much as you enjoy your own.”
- “Follow your intuition… follow what’s going to make you happy.”
- “The only thing you can control is your life outside of work, so make it full of things you love, and give you a sense of completion.”
- “You have to be really brave sometimes, and really put yourself out there.”
- “Your anxiety and your shame won’t teach you anything.”
- “An object in motions tends to stay in motion. Be productive. Write something. Go to class.”
- “Success does not equal happiness.”
Follow Cozi HERE:
Cozi’s story shows how important faith and persistence are to success. Success is never guaranteed, but your odds of find it increase greatly if you are willing to be patient and true to yourself.
Persistence is critical in this industry. But ironically, persisting in the wrong direction can take you further away from your goals. If you need help figuring out how to approach an acting career for yourself or your child, book a consultation with me online or in person. A single session can provide clarity, direction, and a map to help you navigate more effectively.