Today my guest on Hometown to Hollywood is Acting Coach Lisa Picotte. Lisa and her husband, David Kaufman, run the Young Actor Workspace, which provides classes for young actors aged 5-22, from beginning to advanced levels. The studio is in mid-town Los Angeles.
Lisa Picotte and her husband David Kaufman both have incredibly impressive acting resumes—between the two of them, they’ve starred or recurred in 8 network TV series and 5 animated series; starred and co-starred in over 20 features and Movies Of the Week; guest-starred in over 40 prime-time series; and done over 100 commercials. Lisa has also won LA Weekly, Backstage West Garland, and Dramalogue Awards for her work in Los Angeles theatre.
The list of young actors that sing the praises of Lisa’s coaching is impressive. Taylor Lautner, Rico and Raini Rodriguez, Forrest Wheeler, Brenna D’Amico, and Millie Bobby Brown are just some of her successful young students.
Some of my favorite quotes from our conversation:
- “If you’re confident, if you believe that you can do it– you can.”
- “What we believe, we achieve.”
- “If a kid is confident, then the creativity is freed.”
- “Because I have confidence n them, they go out and have confidence in themselves.”
- “It takes a lot of courage to get in front of people and be an artist.”
- “Watch the shows that you’re auditioning for.”
- Go into any theatre. Do plays. And LEARN.”
Find Lisa Picotte Here:
No one can promise success in this business, but you can certainly raise your odds while saving a lot of time and money. If you’re ready to get some coaching on how to break into acting for film or TV, or are already down the road but stuck, book a consultation with me on my consultation page. For not much more than the price of an hour with an acting coach, you can get peace of mind, and a detailed action plan.