Today my guest on the Hometown to Hollywood podcast is actress Kat McNamara. Kat has many credits in film and TV and on stage, but she is best known for her roles on Shadowhunters, Maze Runner, Happyland, The Fosters, and R.L. Stine’s Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls.
We cover a lot of ground, including some inspiring facts: Kat was on Broadway at the age of 13, and graduated with honors from high school at 14 and from college at 17 with a degree in business; all while working steadily! I caught her on a break from filming Shadowhunters in Toronto.
Some of my favorite quotes from this podcast interview:
- “The minute this isn’t fun, don’t do it anymore.”
- “Be prepared. And then relax. And have fun.”
- “An actor’s job is to audition.”
- “If it comes your way, that’s awesome! And if it doesn’t, it wasn’t meant for you. And there’s something else out there.”
- “It’s amazing to be part of this community that ultimately is about love, acceptance, and encouraging people to be who they are.”
- “If you’re doing something and you feel accomplished, happy, and fulfilled… that’s success.”
- “I don’t really have time to focus on the negative.”
- “Find a way to look at the silver lining. Because there’s always a silver lining in every situation.”
- “If you in your own heart, are doing what you know is right, & good for you, & you’re being who you truly are, there’s no need to let anyone make you feel inferior.”
- “Never let anyone squash your dreams.”
Follow Kat McNamara HERE:
(all verified accounts)
Kat’s view on pursuing an acting career mirrors mine: if it’s in your heart, you should follow that dream. But if it stops being fun, let it go and do something else! The world is filled with amazing paths to pursue.
If your kid or teen has their heart set on acting, and you want to help them have their best chance at that dream, I can help you raise the odds of their success. Investing in a single consultation with me can save you years of time, thousands of dollars, and give you peace of mind. Whether you pursue a career in Hollywood, or right where you are, in your hometown.
If you’re ready for some help getting started, or are already down the road but looking to get un-stuck, schedule a phone, Skype, or in-person consultation with me today. We’ll cover the issues where you know you need help, as well as some issues you may not even be aware of!
Did this post help or inspire you? Share it with someone who would enjoy it! Thanks!