Today my guest on this podcast is young actor and musician Jet Jurgensmeyer. Jet is best known for his work on Last Man Standing, American Sniper, Ferdinand, Adventures in Babysitting, The Stinky & Dirty Show, Shimmer and Shine, and T.O.T.S. His debut album featuring new single Parachute is out now.
Jet is only 15, but he has already accomplished a lot as a professional performer. Join us as he shares how he got his start, who inspires him, how he balances school and work, how he stays positive through the inevitable rejection an actor faces, and much more.
Some of my favorite quotes from our conversation:
· “My parents really help me with everything.”
· “Be yourself, because when you do the scene, then they can see the change.”
· “If you’ve been in that casting room before, try to remember what the backdrop is, so you don’t wear the same color.”
· “I’ve made some really close friends along the way.”
· “You’re going to be your worst critic. Have somebody you trust give you their input.”
· “Be nice. Treat others how you want to be treated.”
· “Everything happens for a reason. There’s always a better thing that comes up.”
· “I’m a normal kid. I just happen to be an actor and a musician.”
· “You only get one life, so you may as well do what you love.”
Follow Jet HERE:
YouTube: Jet Jurgensmeyer
Share your thoughts! Help me out and answer 3 questions for me in this survey:
Jet’s story demonstrates the truth that there is no such thing as a successful child actor without at least one dedicated parent behind them. The impact a parent can have on the success of their young actor is massive. We can’t do it for our kids; but we have a lot to do with how good their odds of success will be.
If you need some help getting your young actor off to a successful start, or getting to the next level, sign up for a consultation with me, either online or in person. A single session can give you peace of mind, and a detailed action plan.