My guest on this encore podcast episode of Hometown to Hollywood is actress Sarah Jeffrey. Sarah is best known for her work on Shades of Blue, Wayward Pines, Disney Descendants, and Descendants 3, The X-Files, Daphne and Velma, and Charmed. Her single, The Queen of Mean, has had nearly 200 million plays on Vevo.
This conversation was originally recorded in June of 2016.
In our conversation we discuss what’s important for success, the challenges of getting a visa for actors who are not U.S. citizens (Jeffery is Canadian), how to stay positive when the going gets tough, and MUCH more.
Some of my favorite quotes from our conversation:
- “Getting started can sometimes be a little scary.”
- “Getting comfortable using my voice in front of people and being in front of the camera was a big part of my training.”
- “I think it’s very useful to see what works for you, and what doesn’t.”
- “For me, there’s a fine balance between knowing your lines, and being comfortable with the character, and overdoing it.”
- “Auditioning can be nerve-wracking; sometimes when you’re in the thick of it, you have multiple auditions in a day.”
- “That’s a big thing for me: recognizing where it’s good to draw inspiration, and where you need to stay true to yourself.”
- “You just have to go in and do your thing and have your own personal flair.”
- “Hollywood seems like this huge thing, but once you’re here, it’s tiny.”
- “Descendants was such an amazing experience… it was actually magical.”
- “I get to do what I love, and I get to meet incredible people.”
- “If it’s something you really want and it’s meant to happen for you, it absolutely will.”
Follow Sarah Jeffery HERE:
On Instagram: @sarahmjeffery
And on Facebook: OfficialSarahJeffery
Want to know more about getting a young actor up and running in Hollywood?
If you’re ready to get some coaching on how to help your kid break into acting for film or TV, or are already down the road but stuck, book a consultation with me on my consultation page. For not much more than the price of an hour with an acting coach, you can get peace of mind, and a detailed action plan.