Today my guest on Hometown to Hollywood is screenwriter, actor, and co-producer Danielle Hoover. Danielle is best known for her work as staff writer on the Disney Channel series, “Liv and Maddie.” However she began her career in Hollywood as an actor! So this conversation contains stories and gems of inspiring, yet practical advice from both of those parts of her life.
A few of my favorite Danielle Hoover quotes:
- “Be OK with the dream changing. Don’t get attached to what it’s supposed to look like.”
- On auditioning: “The only things you can control are the work you do in the room, how you feel about it, and whether you let it go when you leave.”
- “Don’t be ashamed of working hard to get what you want.”
- “Prepare. Visualize. Know what you want. Then let it go.”
- “I just thought– what if this is as good as it gets? Can I live with that? And that’s when the dam burst open.”
- “”It’s a balancing act between knowing what you want and being flexible. Being confident, but being humble. Being grateful, but knowing you deserve to be there.”
- “Be nice. Be kind.”
No one can promise success in this business, but you can certainly raise your odds while saving a lot of time and money. If you’re ready to get some coaching on how to break into acting for film or TV, or are already down the road but stuck, book a consultation with me on my consultation page. For not much more than the price of an hour with an acting coach, you can get peace of mind, and a detailed action plan.
Remember—the future belongs to those who believe in their dreams.