Did you know that most top drama schools in the country take fewer than 8% of applicants? But help is on the way! My guest on this special episode of Hometown to Hollywood is acting coach Sarah Gaboury, of the College Audition Program, & Teen Actors Lab.
And she has developed a special online program to give you everything you need to maximize your odds of getting into the program of your dreams.
Join us for some great tips in this podcast,
and then sign up for a free online class that could reinvent your future…
Three Things Stopping You from Getting into Drama School, which I’ll be hosting live with Sarah Wednesday, June 13, at 7pm Pacific Time.
Signup link is HERE: https://collegeauditionprogram.com/bw/
Some of my favorite quotes from this episode:
- “If you really want it, you’re going to need to put in some serious hours.”
- “I feel like teens ‘get it’ quicker than adults, because they have less ‘stuff’ to break down sometimes.”
- “I see a lot of programs that dumb it down, and I don’t know why.”
- “Lack of preparation is the biggest issue stopping kids from getting into drama school.”
- “It’s very hard to know what you don’t know.”
- “One of the best resources out there is the NACAC Visual and Performing Arts College Fair.”
- “If you don’t like reading plays, you probably shouldn’t do this.”
- “What is your ‘WHY’?”
- “Look at the faculty and what they’re doing, and see if that feels inspiring to you.”
- “Figure out who you are, and how to bring that to these auditions.”
- “It’s never too early to start.”
How to Find Sarah, the College Audition Program, and the Teen Actors Lab:
College Audition Program: https://collegeauditionprogram.com/
Teen Actors Lab: https://teenactorslab.com/
Many successful actors attend drama school, and many go straight to follow their dream of being a professional actor directly out of high school… or even before they are 18!
There is no one way to do this. The choice of whether to pursue a career as a professional actor with or without college is a very personal one.
If you or your child are looking at auditioning for drama school sometime in the relatively near future, you really do owe it to yourself to join Sarah and me in our free online class on Wednesday June 13 at 7pm Pacific time. Sign up HERE!
And if your young actor is too young to be in that conversation– or definitely wants to go directly for their dream without stopping for drama school– save some serious time and money with a consultation session with me. I meet with families on Skype as well as in Burbank, and I can help you find your way through the crazy terrain of the entertainment industry. A single session can give you peace of mind, and a detailed action plan. What are you waiting for? The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams.