My guests on this episode of Hometown to Hollywood are actress Chandler Kinney and her mom Taryn Kinney. Chandler is best known for her roles on Lethal Weapon, Gortimer Gibbons’ Life on Normal Street, Girl Meets World, KC Undercover, and The Haunted Hathaways. And Taryn is her fabulous mom!
We cover some great topics in this conversation, including why Chandler feels so strongly about the importance of training, when her mom Taryn knew to take her interest in performing seriously, the role that dance played in her getting started as an actor, and much more. And we laugh a lot! Join us!
Some of my favorite quotes:
- “If you try—and succeed—then you’ve got to find a way to make it work.”
- “I draw inspiration from almost everything I come in contact with.”
- “Dancing and performing onstage has taught me how to be in the moment.”
- “Everyone’s childhood is important.”
- “You have to be open to the lesson.”
- “If you have to be somewhere anyway, why not learn from it?”
- “Buying those books—and READING them—saved us so much pain.”
Follow Chandler HERE:
Twitter: @chandlerlkinney (verified)
Instagram: @chandlerlkinney (verified)
Chandler’s path into acting illustrates that there are many ways to go… in her case, she began in dance, which led to a commercial, which led to an agent, then acting classes, and then acting in film and TV. There is no “one way” to do this. And because everyone’s situation is different, it can be hard to know how to approach breaking into the industry. A single consultation with me via Skype or in-person in LA can make all the difference.
No one can promise success in this business, but you can certainly raise your odds while saving a lot of time and money. If you’re ready to get some coaching on how to break into acting for film or TV, or are already down the road but stuck, book a consultation with me on my consultation page. For not much more than the price of an acting coach, you can get peace of mind, and a detailed action plan.