Cameron Boyce Part 2 of 2
Today my guest on Hometown to Hollywood is Cameron Boyce. Cameron has done MANY film and TV projects, but he is best known for his roles in Mirrors, Eagle Eye, Grownups and Grownups 2, Jessie, Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything, Descendants and Descendants 2.
This is part two of my two-part conversation with Cameron. In this second half of our interview, Cameron covers auditions, dealing with fame, surprises along his journey, and much more!
Be sure to catch part one if you haven’t yet, where he shares about how he got started, who inspires him, training, school, and much more. We get into a lively conversation about the CHSPE that is relevant for any young actor considering taking that test so they can work as a “legal 18” in California.
Cameron’s thoughtful take on the entertainment industry reflects that fact that at the age of 18 he has already spent more than half his life working in it, and has worked with legends. Join us!
Some of my favorite quotes from our conversation:
- “Dancers are some of the best people to be around.”
- “If you beat yourself up, you’ll get sick of it really quickly.”
- “My ‘Butterfly Effect’ is really broad.”
- “I’ve never gotten used to the impact I have on people.”
- “If you’re passionate about becoming famous? Not a good deal.”
- “Stay persistent. Because it doesn’t come overnight.”
- “Give the script the respect that it deserves.”
- “When you are right for a character and role, it’ll happen.”
- “Trust the process.”
- “When you lose your self, you lose everything, so be yourself.”
Follow Cameron HERE:
Cameron’s experience in the entertainment industry first as a true child actor, and now transitioning to a young adult actor, yields invaluable insights into what faces young actors at different stages of their journey. Everybody’s path is unique. The point, I think, is to feel happy and fulfilled no matter where your path takes you. And that has a lot to do with keeping a sense of perspective on your adventure.
I offer consulting services for parents of young actors, or for young adult actors. A single hour with me can answer your questions, including questions you didn’t know you had, and provide an action plan to get you moving toward that dream. WHILE keeping a sense of perspective!
If you’d like some help figuring out your next move, schedule a Skype consultation with me HERE. I look forward to talking with you!