Today my guest on Hometown to Hollywood is Cameron Boyce. Cameron has done MANY film and TV projects, but he is best known for his roles in Mirrors, Eagle Eye, Grownups and Grownups 2, Jessie, Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything, Descendants and Descendants 2.
This is part one of my two-part conversation with Cameron. Come back next week for part two, where he shares about auditions, dealing with fame, surprises along his journey, and much more!
In this first half of our interview, Cameron covers how he got started, who inspires him, training, school, and much more. We get into a lively conversation about the CHSPE that is relevant for any young actor considering taking that test so they can work as a “legal 18” in California. His thoughtful take on the entertainment industry reflects that fact that at the age of 18 he has already spent more than half his life working in it, and has worked with legends. Join us!
Some of my favorite quotes from our conversation:
- “The kid really has to want to be there.”
- “Parents really are everything.”
- “Every single thing on the page is there for a reason.”
- “An actor is in a prime position to learn about ANYTHING.”
- On agents: “Find somebody who’s passionate about you.”
- “To get those 6 projects, you have to do 600 auditions.”
- “It’s rare for a casting director to be looking for a breakout star.”
- “When all the stars align, it’s really special.”
- “Throw in a little bit of personality. Sprinkle it on.”
- “You should always go with your gut.” Click To Tweet
Follow Cameron HERE:
Cameron’s experience in the entertainment industry first as a true child actor, and now transitioning to a young adult actor, yields invaluable insights into what faces young actors at different stages of their journey. Everybody’s path is unique. The point, I think, is to feel happy and fulfilled no matter where your path takes you. And that has a lot to do with keeping a sense of perspective on your adventure.
I offer consulting services for parents of young actors, or for young adult actors. A single hour with me can answer your questions, including questions you didn’t know you had, and provide an action plan to get you moving toward that dream. WHILE keeping a sense of perspective!
If you’d like some help figuring out your next move, schedule a Skype consultation with me HERE. I look forward to talking with you!