Today my guest on Hometown to Hollywood is Brenna D’Amico. Brenna is best known for her role as Jane on Disney Descendants, The Wicked World animated series, and Descendants 2, which comes out this summer. [UPDATE: Brenna is also in the upcoming Descendants 3!]
Brenna D’Amico is only 16 but she has some very insightful things to say about acting, auditioning, keeping a positive attitude, and about life in general. We discuss how she broke into the business from her native Chicago, what landing in Hollywood has been like, challenges, and advice for young actors.
Some of my favorite quotes:
- “I let the word ‘no’ motivate me to get that ‘yes’.”
- “I always think, if one of my idols can do it, I can too!”
- “If you work hard enough, and you believe in yourself, anything is possible.”
- “Don’t let negativity in your life. Push it aside.”
- “Don’t ‘play’ the character. BE that person.”
- “Don’t get lazy. And never, never give up.”
Follow Brenna D’Amico HERE (all verified):
Instagram: @ brennadamico
No one can promise success in this business, but you can certainly raise your odds while saving a lot of time and money. If you’re ready to get some coaching on how to break into acting for film or TV, or are already down the road but stuck, book a consultation with me on my consultation page. For not much more than the price of an hour with an acting coach, you can get peace of mind, and a detailed action plan.