Very few actors get to be part of a huge franchise like Twilight, X-Men, or Descendants… at the age of not-quite 24, my guest has been part of all three of these iconic movie universes.
My guest on this Hometown to Hollywood podcast episode is Booboo Stewart. Booboo has been a working actor since he was 10, and his credits include Twilight: Breaking Dawn and Eclipse, X-Men: Days of Future Past, White Frog, and Disney Descendants 1 and 2. He is currently voicing the role of Exile in Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, and has 4 projects in post production.
Booboo talks about his methods of staying grounded, dealing with overthinking, the importance of training and keeping an open mind, mentors, what he learned from his parents, and the importance of trying new things. We also discuss the importance of integrity, resilience, and self-talk for success, Kenney Ortega, and many other subjects, as well as his experience filming Descendants 2 in Vancouver!
We covered so much ground in our conversation that I split the interview into two parts.
THIS IS PART ONE OF TWO.
Join us again next week for the second part of our conversation.
Some of my favorite quotes from our conversation:
· “Our flaws make us unique.”
· “It is so important to surround yourself with good people.”
· “It’s important to choose people who don’t always agree with you.”
· “I think integrity’s more important than ever… because everybody knows your business.”
· “A lot of people have great ideas, but it’s the people who go out and finish it… those are the people you hear about.”
· “Comparing yourself to other people is probably the biggest mistake.”
· “Having an open mind is so important.”
· “I’m training all the time.”
· “Trying new things is a way of training.”
· “Take ownership of what you feel, and dive into it.”
· “You learn so much about yourself when you’re by yourself.”
· “I watch a lot of movies. I try to really know my craft, and the history of my craft.”
We reference an app and a book in our conversation:
You can find Booboo HERE:
Instagram: BoobooStewart.Art (verified)
Twitter: @BoobooStewart (verified)
Navigating the path of a young actor can be challenging, and a mentor can go a long way toward helping you make the best choices along the way. Books, acting coaches, and other resources can make all the difference between success and disappointment.
I offer consultations via Skype to help young actors and their families chart their individual course, because every person and family has unique circumstances. One hour with me can save you thousands of dollars and a huge amount of time! If you want 2018 to be the year you finally get somewhere on your acting journey– or on your child’s– go to my consultations page and book a session. I look forward to talking with you!
Did you enjoy this podcast episode! Share it with a friend!